11.17.2008

The Uncooperative Patient

Over the weekend Eli had an awful stomach virus where he didn't keep anything down -- not a bite of applesauce, a slurp of Gatorade or a nibble of gingersnap -- for 24 hours. But he was so sweet, just resting and snuggling and saying, quite often as I waited on him and cleaned up after him, "You're a good Mama."

Now Jackie has come down with the same virus. He was up all night throwing up but by 5:30 he was ready to go downstairs and play. I had to hold him down in bed a couple of times. Then he got upset that I made him eat applesauce for breakfast, instead of getting Froot Loops like his brother. Then he threw up again, but it was like it re-energized him, and he collected all his "guys" and started playing on the floor. So I made him sit on the couch in the same "nest" of blankies I made for Eli, where he proceeded to grab his Indian figure and fire imaginary arrows at the cat (pictured).

Finally I put on Indiana Jones and he settled down a bit. The boys play together constantly and look alike and love the same things, so in my mind I sometimes group them together as one singular, brother-tastical unit. It's times like these when I realize just how different they are.

No comments: