6.05.2008

I think it was John Michael Montgomery


This is cheating a little because I actually took it on the job. I shot this at a wedding last weekend, and since then I've been tackling the exhausting task of sorting and editing the hundreds and hundreds of photos from that day, all while getting ready for four photo shoots this weekend. So I'm tuckered out.

But I've been really happy with the work I've been producing "professionally" lately, and my clients have been even happier. Which feels great, especially when I'm documenting something as momentous as a wedding. Erik and I had a low-key wedding (all right, "shotgun" is a better descriptor) and never hired anyone to do anything. But if we had planned it, I would have spent a boatload on a good photographer and had, like, daisies and a Dairy Queen cake. It's that important.

It's late and I'm rambling. But I have to include a little love note to my new f2.8 lens, which has produced amazing low-light photos at the last two weddings I shot. Worth every cent.

No comments: