5.31.2008

I love you forever... or until you take a dump on me


Jackie loves animals, or "aminals" as he still calls them. On a walk by the Wisconsin River he found a caterpillar, pictured on his sleeve.

"I love you caterpillar, forever and ever," he professed, patting it gently. "You are so fuzzy and awesome."

He brought it to a nearby playground. He brought in the car on the way home.

Then suddenly I heard, "Eewww!" from the back seat.

"Lookit!" he said, holding up his chubby index finger to reveal a little brown blob.

"It pooped on you," I said. "We'll wipe it off when we get home."

A moment later he announced, "I threw my caterpillar out the window."

"That wasn't very nice. I thought you loved him."

"Yeah, but he pooped on me."

"That's what animals do. They poop wherever they want."

"Well, he didn't have to do it on me."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the wisdom of children. In my naive past, I personally have loved too many people who have taken a metaphorical dump on me. I should have thrown them out the window...not metaphorically.